this morning

Posted by mountainmelody On 9/20/2009 11:31:00 AM
This morning I wasn't feeling well, so I stayed home and listened to my church's service on the internet.

While I was listening, I heard a few random noises in my house. But I've gotten used to all sorts of noises, so I just ignored them.

I was paying close attention to the sermon, which was about health. When it was almost over, suddenly I heard an ear-splitting noise. It sounded like a bird in great distress: SHRIEKSHRIEKSHRIEKSHRIEK SHRIEEEEEEEEK. I've never heard anything like it before!

I thought: A bird dying inside my house? A snake eating a bird inside my house? A bird trapped inside my house?

But I really wanted to hear the last few words of the sermon, so I waited just a minute before going to look for the bird. (Crazy, I know.)

I didn't find anything.

No bird anywhere.

Who knows what happened?

I've heard more noises since then--but nothing like that one shriek. I wonder if there's a bird in my attic?

With this old house, there's no telling!

1 Response to 'this morning'

  1. Mom said...
    http://mountainmelody.blogspot.com/2009/09/this-morning.html?showComment=1253471817132#c5032374174852727547'> 1:36 PM

    Well, hey, if it was a snake eating a bird, the snake would have moved on by then....

     

archive

followers