one more Canada post

Posted by mountainmelody On 12/16/2007 07:24:00 PM

I noticed a few things in Canada that were different from things in Alabama (besides just the weather and the people's accents):
  • different words: cutlery (not silverware), washrooms (not bathrooms), eh?
  • metric system (Believe me, zero degrees there felt just about as cold as it does here.)
  • smart cars
  • most jobs start at 8:30 or 9 in the mornings
  • parents put plastic covers over the front of strollers to keep their babies warmer
  • people wear snow boots and take them off when they go inside--some people even take slippers with them when they visit someone's house
  • people like it when it snows, because that means it's "not too cold" (apparently it can get so cold there that it doesn't snow at all)

If you get a chance to go there, I'd recommend it!

1 Response to 'one more Canada post'

  1. Crystal Watford said...
    http://mountainmelody.blogspot.com/2007/12/one-more-canada-post.html?showComment=1197929700000#c3811074436038075635'> 4:15 PM

    I love smart cars! That's why I bought my car... it's as close as I could get. :)

     

archive

followers