finders, keepers...

Posted by mountainmelody On 11/29/2007 10:09:00 PM
Tonight I was planning on posting pictures from my trip to the Operation Christmas Child warehouse.

Instead, I'll be telling you the story of my lost camera. It's kind of long, but I know some of you like details. I'll try not to drag it out too much...

1. The rental car company near my work made a mistake and didn't have a van ready for us to go to Atlanta.

2. We had to rent a van from the company in Hoover instead (not near my work).

3. I had my camera the whole time we were in Atlanta, and took several pictures.

4. Coming back, I put the camera in the floor of the van with all my other stuff.

5. We were late getting back. In my rush to leave for church, and amidst all the stuff I had (coat, lunch, purse, free t-shirt, etc), I left my camera in the van.

6. A few hours later, I realized I didn't have my camera. Too late.

7. I called the car company this morning. They said they would "call me right back." I never heard back from them.

8. The person who rented the van called the car company. They said they would call us back.

9. The car company called us back and said they found my camera (WHEW)--but it was now in Sylacauga.

10. The person who works in their Sylacauga office lives in Birmingham, in the same apartment compex as someone who works in their Hoover office. So they'll trade off my camera.

11. I can pick up my camera in Hoover when they're open. (It's not really "at my convenience," because going to Hoover isn't really convenient. But at least they have it!)

Their hours don't work well for me, but hey--it sounds like I'll get my camera back. That's a good thing.

I'm not usually the absent-minded one, so it annoys me when I lose my stuff like this.

Sigh...you'll just have to imagine what the Operation Christmas Child warehouse looked like until then.

1 Response to 'finders, keepers...'

  1. Crystal Watford said...
    http://mountainmelody.blogspot.com/2007/11/finders-keepers.html?showComment=1196461140000#c4039776627425627178'> 4:19 PM

    Hey! I'm off at 3 most days! Can I help?

     

archive

followers