oh my...

Posted by mountainmelody On 1/03/2010 08:04:00 PM
Apparently someone with an email address very similar to mine posted an ad for an airline customer service representative on craigslist. So far I've received 67 emails about the position.

Out of curiosity, I looked at the emails. I couldn't believe how awful many of them were. A few excerpts are below. I'll spare you from snarky commentary on each one--they pretty much speak for themselves.


Spellcheck, anyone?
I am very inesterested.
I believe I am a perfect candiate for you.
i have my resume attatched.
I am responding to the add on Craig's List.
yuo can contact me at this e mail.
i am very intrested in this position.
You won't find a better person for this postion.
I am interested in the job u posted up on craigs list.
Objective: [TO ACHIEVE AND BE SUCCESSFUL AT EVERTHING I DO IN LIFE.


Grammar 101
I'm very much interested for the position.
attach is a copy of my resume.
I am very interested in the job position that i seen on craigslist.
i'm really interest on the job that you post in the Internet.


Periods. needed.
hi there I am very intrested in you postion please let me know where I need to go to fill an application out at thanks

Hello my name is [DELETED] i think i would be great for your company because my training in Business Administration , i have a great customer service skills Very friendly and ready to learn any thing new.

I will be eagerly anticipating your response my resume is attached hope to hear from you soon.

my name is [DELETED] i am interested in postion please let me know where to go to fill out application.


BUT I LOVE CAPS LOCK!!!
I WOULD BE INTERETED IN APPLYING FOR THIS JOB!! PLEASE LET ME KNOW MORE.

PLEASE CONSIDER ME FOR YOUR AVAILABLE POSITION. I AM A RETIRED [DELETED] AND CAN PASS ALL BACKGROUND CHECKS AND DRUG TEST. I AM HONEST AND DEPENDABLE AND CAN WORK ANY DAYS AND HOURS. I AM A NON SMOKER AND NON DRINKER. I HAVE A B CLASS C D L WITH A CURRENT D O T PHYSICAL AND A CLEAN DRIVING RECORD.PLEASE CALL ME !! THANK YOU VERY MUCH !!!!!


Say what?
I have been wanting to get my foot in the door with an airline for a while. I think it would be a fun interesting experience in life. I go by my middle nae [DELETED].

I noticed your ad on craigslists I was wondering if this job is full-time I would like to apply for it but I need to know if its fulltime because I have a distance to drive and I need to know before I apply thank you

I do have a resume but I don't fell comfortable just giving it to just anyone.

While I have no direct airline experience, my father worked for an airline and I am a frequent flyer. I have been at my current job for over a year and the drive is grueling, so please let me know if you would like me to send you my resume.

I am currently on a contract assignment with [DELETED] as you see the email address ,this contract ends in 6 more days. So I am writting you on my lunch you can contact me here or my cell.

Here is my other contact information. Sorry that I didn't include that in the previous email. I sent it while grabbing for my laptop as it slid to the floor.

is there such a job out there or is this a scam

hello how old do u have to be to do this and can u tell me more plz?thanks


A rose by any other name
Name_Nameresume33part2[1].doc

NAMENAME[1][1].RESUME09BUF10.doc


Fun with the thesaurus
May it be acknowledged from my enclosed resume: various skills would deem me an excellent addition to the company and team. All extracurricular attributes were self –taught and strengthened upon and during employment with previous institutions / franchises, thus to obtain greater experience for future appliance in other ventures.

Previously; I was a contingent employee with [DELETED], where an acquired aptitude for multitasking arrays of customer service/ cashiering/ culinary experience deemed interchangeable. My aspiration however is to grow with a company that grants the sincere consideration of my experience. I would appreciate the opportunity to discuss my credentials with you at a mutually convenient time. If intrigued, feel free to contact me via the phone listed above, or email address.

6 Responses to 'oh my...'

  1. Catelyn said...
    http://mountainmelody.blogspot.com/2010/01/oh-my.html?showComment=1262581538137#c1328514894021838780'> 11:05 PM

    No Nigerians? They like to fly, I hear.

     

  2. Crystal Watford said...
    http://mountainmelody.blogspot.com/2010/01/oh-my.html?showComment=1262611676193#c2410131300000415844'> 7:27 AM

    And why can't my husband find a new job with all these other nuttos out there? argh!

     

  3. Cheryl said...
    http://mountainmelody.blogspot.com/2010/01/oh-my.html?showComment=1262658374341#c7056717277031426007'> 8:26 PM

    I am both amused and dismayed. (giggle)(sigh)

     

  4. countrypeapie said...
    http://mountainmelody.blogspot.com/2010/01/oh-my.html?showComment=1262838327337#c6459187983739905353'> 10:25 PM

    this is hilarious ~ craig's list never seems to take any listings down, so you might be getting these for some time to come....

     

  5. aerogurl said...
    http://mountainmelody.blogspot.com/2010/01/oh-my.html?showComment=1263185881432#c4357715145338826881'> 10:58 PM

    Oh my...

     

  6. Rurality said...
    http://mountainmelody.blogspot.com/2010/01/oh-my.html?showComment=1263701816516#c3913729235670359072'> 10:16 PM

    I'm doing catch-up reading, so I'm just now seeing your post about the resumes. Too funny! I can almost guarantee you that the next-to-last one was written by someone who's spent a lot of time in prison.

    My name used to be on a lot of penpal lists and I got loads of letters from prisoners... they must teach classes in this way of writing in jail!

     

archive

followers