and you wonder why I don't like shopping?

Posted by mountainmelody On 10/06/2005 08:53:00 PM
Did you know it was possible to get locked out of a 24-hour Walmart? It's easier than you might think. (Or--maybe more likely--I'm dumber than you might think.)

After traipsing from one side of the store to the other at least three times in search of random items (why do they put bug killers in the grocery section??), I went back to get my car from the oil change place. (I'm not sure if you're really supposed to wheel all your checked-out items through the store, but I thought the little man at the back might not appreciate having to check out an entire buggy of my stuff.)

I went out to get my car, but it was raining. The car was parked a ways away, so I decided to pull it up to the door so I could load my stuff. I left the buggy right inside the door so that everything wouldn't get soaking wet. I could still see it, so I figured no one would bother it in that short amount of time.

You guessed it. I got back to the door, and it was locked. (The car place was already closed for the night.) I banged and pounded on the door, but no one came. I finally managed to peer in the window and find Walmart's phone number, printed on the top of my bill that was sticking out above a bag of groceries. I called and begged them to let me in.

Did I mention it was raining?

The automotive guy looked a little amused when he came to open the door for me. And I'm guessing I probably looked more than a little relieved to get out of that crazy place and head home.

I don't say I hate going to Walmart for no reason!

0 Responses to 'and you wonder why I don't like shopping?'

archive

followers